The fundamentals of telephone communication (Level 1)
- Identify and understand the specifics and constraints of telephone communication
- Successfully handle incoming and outgoing calls
- Create a good first contact
- Identify the caller and understand the question
- Professionally handle the question
- Prevent delicate situations on the telephone (introduction)
This training may be followed by the training “Handling delicate situations on the phone”.
The specifics of telephone reception
- Constraints of telephone communication: no "face-to-face" and no non-verbal communication
- Optimise the verbal (choice of words) and paralinguistic (tone, volume, melody, speed, silence…) parts of the voice. Practice the "famous" audible smile.
- Pay a particular attention to the paralinguistic signals given by the caller
The best practices of telephone reception
- To present yourself, to announce the company during incoming and outgoing calls
- To use the rights words when putting a call on hold, to resume, transfer or direct incoming calls
- To note a message in a precise way, adapted to the needs
- Reassure the caller
- Taking leave from the caller on the telephone
Understanding and responding to requests in an adequate way
- Start using the basics for an efficient communication: avoid the main pitfalls
- Actively listen to give confidence to the caller and to understand the request
- Ask questions and reformulate to get validation for your understanding
- Treat the request with efficiency; adapt your attitude and find the right words for each circumstance
- Make sure the caller understands well
- Adopt an attitude and language that is positive and constructive
- Being proactive; anticipate the needs of the caller as far as possible
- Conclude and take leave
Preventing delicate situations on the telephone
- Detect verbal and non-verbal precursors to identify the beginnings of a difficult situation
- React with assertiveness: affirm yourself with respect to the caller without resorting to deleterious behaviour
Notre savoir-faire nous a permis de développer une méthode pédagogique spécifique basée sur la pratique et utilisée par tous nos formateurs. Notre méthode est construite autour de 2 piliers : l’expertise du formateur et l’analyse du besoin du participant.
Une attestation de présence peut être délivrée à la demande du participant en fin de formation.