Testing in an agile environment
This training will introduce how testing is managed in Agile by presenting test techniques, test strategies, tools and automation. The goal is to:
- Review the principles of the Agile approach and their impact on the organization of the tests
- Understand the principle of Acceptance Test Driven Development and how to write a test case
- Understand the notion of test-driven development (TDD)
- Identify the principles of refactoring, code quality control and continuous integration
- Automate and orchestrate functional tests
Presentations are complemented with exercises allowing reinforcement of learning and enhancing the understanding process.
1. Life Cycle and Agile Projects
a. Why are Agile methods adopted?
b. Scrum and XP reminder
c. User Stories
2. The test in Agile development
a. Differences with the traditional approach
b. Presentation of the Agile Quadrant
c. The expression of quality criteria in Agile
d. Assess quality risks and estimate test effort
e. Role and skills of a tester
f. Continuous improvement
3. Agile testing methods
a. TDD (Test Driven Development)
b. The ATDD model, executable specifications
c. BDD (Behavior Driven Development)
d. Specification by example
e. Automation of tests
f. Exploratory testing
4. Continuous integration
a. The different elements of a continuous integration platform
b. Implementation of the continuous integration platform.
c. Code qualimetry
This course will combine 50% theory and 50% practice. For practice participants will be offered practical workshops around needs and tests. For the technical part, exercises on different tools will be on the program of this training.
Who is the course aimed at?
This Agile Testing course is not just for testers. Product Owners, programmers and all other members of an agile team will benefit from understanding their contribution and the interaction with testers.
- Scrum masters & product owners
Basic agile knowledge is recommended so the participants can actively contribute with questions and shared experiences.
Attestation de présence