PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner (Exam Included)
This 3-day course aims at strengthening your competences as an PRINCE2® Agile Practitioner. This new certification is the ideal balance between the rules, the discipline and management skills required for agile project management. PRINCE2® Agile is a project management methodology, renowned internationally, applicable to any project within any industry sector. This project management method, combined with the Agile framework standards, which is iterative and adaptive, will give you optimal results in the way you manage your projects.
The PRINCE2 Agile courses on this page are offered by Goodsense. PRINCE2 Agile is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
This course will focus your skills on incremental development while enabling your teams to adapt and react rapidly to new or changing requirements.
This way of working is also focused on empowering people, ownership and co-creation.
There are a number of things you will be able to achieve after this 3-day course.
We want you to fully grasp the purpose of combining PRINCE2® and Agile working methods. Take the framework of PRINCE2® and tailor it to run your project, in an Agile framework.
You will understand the concepts of Agile ways of working and therefore will be able to rapidly distinguish the areas of focus of your project in an Agile context.
You will have the ability to determine and articulate the six aspects of a project with an Agile mindset:
We want you to be at ease when tailoring and applying a PRINCE2® project with an Agile method, combining principles, themes, processes and product management
Discover the 7 processes which basically indicate who does what and when:
- Starting up a project
- Initialisation of a project
- Direction of a project
- Controlling a stage
- Management of product
- Management of stage boundaries
- Closures of a project
Discover the 7 themes defined in PRINCE2® are the following:
- Business case: find out if the project is realistic
- Organisation: define accountabilities and responsibilities
- Quality: ensure that the project does not present any issue
- Risks: identify, manage and control risks
- Plan: elaborate the activities to be performed, when and by whom
- Change: efficiently manage changes according to the client’s request
- Progress: check the progress of the project according to the plan
Discover the 7 principles set out the framework for efficient project management:
- Business justification
- Roles and responsibilities
- Learn from experience
- Manage by exceptions
- Manage by stages
- Tailor to suite the environment
- Focus on product
You will constantly apply the theory learned to practical exercises
You will then dispose of all the tools and skills to be successful at the PRINCE2® Agile Practitioner exam. This exam is only available in English.
Introduction to PRINCE2 Agile (including Hexagon)
The PRINCE2 Agile view: Optimisation of Project management solution
The 5 targets explaining the flexibility of PRINCE2 Agile
- Be on time and hit the deadlines
- Ensure the required quality
- Embrace change
- Keep the team stable
- Accept that the user doesn’t need everything
- Starting up and Initiating a Project
(including Value Assessment and Cynefin Approach): build an overall understanding of the project while using the Cynefin approach, which consists in defining the level of uncertainty of the project. There are 5 levels: obvious, complicated, complex, chaotic, disorder.
Agile and the PRINCE2 Themes (detailed above).
Change (including the feedback loop).
- The more changes the better because it means the product is improving, but only if it is done rapidly and efficiently, which is why feedback is crucial.
Organisation (including the servant leadership).
Each team member has a particular function aiming at working as efficiently as possible. The servant leader, who is the project manager, takes up the role of coordinator in order to facilitate the process.
Principles and Behaviours
- Transparency regarding the progress of the project
- Collaboration between the team members and stakeholders
- Rich Communication which favour consultation over email and visuals over text
- Self-organization to empower the project team
- Exploration, curiosity is privileged
- Managing Project Delivery (including Scrum).
This process is about accepting a work package, executing it and delivering it. It occurs between the project manager and the team managers.
- Build an overall project plan in order to establish a planned end date. The plan will maintain the Agile approach, which does set time tolerance to zero.
- (including the definition of "Done" which is basically a list of everything that should be done for each Product Backlog Item). The quality criteria are unified which simplify PRINCE2® Agile.
- Stage and Managing a Stage means gathering data and forecasting, day-to-day management to find out what has be done or not.
Directing a Project
- Aims at ensuring that appropriate authority is given to initiate the project, deliver the project products, and close the project. The project board is accountable for the success of the project, it exercises control over key decisions made and delegate day-to-day management to the project manager.
Closing a Project
- Evaluate the progress of the project with respect to the plan and the usage of Agile method.
Rich communication (including Workshops)
- Face-to-face communication is the most effective one and workshops should replace unproductive meetings. Daily stand-ups facilitate the synchronization of team members.
Kanban and The Kanban Method which includes 6 general practices:
- Limit "Work in Progress"
- Manage the flow
- Making policies explicit
- Implement feedback loops
- Improve collaboratively, evolve experimentally
E-learning including exam & mentor service € 595 excl. VAT/licence
A qui s'adresse la formation?
This course is made especially for PRINCE2® project managers willing to become agile.
Alternatively, you are an Agile Practitioner who wants to apply PRINCE2® to your projects and complement your existing abilities.
To take part to this course you must be registered as PRINCE2® practitioners, if you do not have a valid PRINCE2® Practitioner Certificate, you can still attend our 3-day "PRINCE2® Practitioner Re-Registration" course and take the re-registration exam.