Practical Toolbox for Managers
The promotion to a management or team leader position brings with it new expectations and challenges. Up to this point, career success is based mainly on technical expertise. Managers and team leaders, however, require a whole set of behavioural skills: they need to be able to lead, to delegate, to motivate and to give effective feedback.
This compact two-day training programme, developed by PwC's Academy, allows participants to acquire a practical toolkit of tried and tested management techniques that will help them to be successful in their management role.
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Explain the key requirements related to a managerial role
- Use increased self-awareness as a basis for developing their own management style
- Improve personal effectiveness
- Build valuable interpersonal relationships in a professional environment
- Define their own approach to leadership
- Leaders – born or made?
- Management – a question of personality
- Self-Management and productivity
- Principles of effective communication
- Trust and credibility
- Setting goals
- The rules of delegation
- Giving feedback
- Influencing styles
- Individual action planning
A qui s'adresse la formation?
- Participants foreseen for promotion to a management or team leader position
- Recently promoted managers or team leaders
- Managers or team leaders who have been active in their role for up to three years
The "+" of this training
The learning approach is personal and interactive.
- group exercises, review of key management models, and open discussion and role plays
Prior to the training itself, participants have a phone interview with the trainer in order to:
- agree on individual training objectives
- explore the participants working environment and current challenges
- reinforce the participant's sense of responsibility towards the training process