Itil®4 Strategist: Direct, Plan & Improve
Our 3-day "TIL® 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan and Improve" is the universal ITIL® 4 module, that will be shared with both ITIL 4 Managing Professional and ITIL 4 Strategic Leader streams.
This course provides the practical skills necessary to create a "learning and improving" IT organization, with a strong and effective strategic direction.
The Direct, Plan and Improve - DPI course will focus on the following key ITIL 4 practices:
- Continual improvement
- Measurement and reporting
- Portfolio management
- Organizational change management
- Risk management
Participants will acquire the relevant knowledge and experience through presentations, activities, exercises and examples included in the course, and will be prepared to pass the ITIL® Strategist: Direct, Plan, and Improve certification exam.
The ITIL® 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan, and Improve course is designed to provide ITSM professionals with a practical and strategic method for planning and delivering continual improvement with the necessary agility. It is aimed at managers of all levels involved in shaping direction and strategy or developing a continually improving team. It will cover both practical and strategic elements.
- The key concepts of direction, planning and improvement.
- The scope of what is to be directed and/or planned and know how to use key principles and methods of direction and planning in that context.
- The role of governance, risk and compliance (GRC) and know how to integrate the principles and methods into the service value system (SVS).
- The key principles and methods of continual improvement for all types of improvements.
- The key principles and methods of Communication and Organizational Change Management to direction, planning and improvement.
- The key principles and methods of measurement and reporting in direction, planning, and improvement.
- How to direct, plan, and improve value streams and practices.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Course objectives and planning
- The ITIL® 4 certification scheme
- Presentation of the case studies
- Exam Details
Module 2: The Core Concepts of DPI
- Basics of direction
- Basics of planning
- Basics of improvement
- Other core elements
Module 3: DPI through Service Value Chain and Guiding Principles
- DPI of the SVS
- DPI of guiding principles
Module 4: Role of Direction in Strategy Management
- Introducing Strategy Management
- Developing effective strategies
Module 5: Implementation of Strategies
- Managing risks
- Making decisions through Portfolio Management
- Directing via Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC)
Module 6: Introduction to Assessment and Planning
- Core concepts of assessment
- Conducting effective assessments
- Core concepts of planning
Module 7: Assessment and Planning through VSM
- Introducing Value Stream Maps
- Developing Value Stream Maps
- Knowing more about VSM
Module 8: Measurement, Reporting and Continual Improvement
- Measurement and Reporting
- Alignment of measurements and metrics
- Success factors and key performance indicators
- Continual improvement
Module 9: Measurements and Continual Improvement through Dimensions and the Service Value Chain
- Measurements for the Four Dimensions
- Continual Improvement of the Service Value Chain and practices
Module 10: OCM Principles and Methods
- Basics of OCM
- OCM throughout DPI and Service Value Chain
- Resistance and reinforcement
Module 11: Communication Principles and Methods
- Basics of effective communication
- Communication with stakeholders
Module 12: SVS Development Using Four Dimensions
- Organizations and people in the SVS
- Partners and suppliers in the SVS
- Value streams and processes in the SVS
- Information and technology in the SVS
Preparing for the exam: mock exam
- About the Examination
- Multiple-choice format (1 mark per question)
- Pass grade: 65%
- 40 questions
- Closed book
- Duration: 90 minutes
The exam is scheduled at the end of the 3rd training day in the classroom, or the participants can take the online exam later
An wen richtet sich die Weiterbildung?
Architectes, Chefs de projets, Consultants, Consultants informatiques, Directeurs de projets, Ingénieurs, Professionnels de l’IT
To attend this course, participants must hold the ITIL 4 Foundation certificate.
Une attestation de participation sera transmise aux participants