Introduction to software testing
In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of software testing and the basic skills required to become a software test professional and how testing fits into software development.
You will also look into the standard terminology and discover the challenges around testing. Find out what it takes to be a successful software tester and how testing can add significant value to software development projects.
In this course, you will discover:
- Testing in software lifecycle
- Testing types and levels
- Testing process
- Testing tools
By the end of the course, you will fully understand testing processes and be able to identify when to begin testing during the software development lifecycle. The course will also introduce you to the verification and validation processes of testing, and guide you through the most important testing levels.
1. Economic challenges in IT projects
- What is a software development project?
- Identify economic and technical issues
- Understanding the quality / cost / time triangle
2. Understanding the requirements
- How testing and requirement management contribute to product quality
3. What is software testing?
- Quality assurance & quality control
- Techniques for preventing software bugs
- Basic test process
- Understanding the testing levels & testing types
- Formalization of criteria in software testing
- Understanding test suites & test cases and their difference in software testing
- Understanding of test objectives
- Software testing roles and responsibilities
4. Software Testing Tools
- Overview of test management tools
- Overview of automated testing tools
- The software testing tool lifecycle
A qui s'adresse la formation?
This course will benefit individuals who recently entered the software testing field, or people who are involved in testing activities such as:
- Testers of all types and levels
- Other disciplines who perform their own testing or are involved in testing (business analysts, project managers, new QA analysts, application developers, business clients
This course has no pre-requisites and is open to everyone.