Introduction to CMMI
Software engineering managers and practitioners, appraisal team members and engineering process members will be able to describe the fundamentals of model-based process improvement and introduce CMMI model content...
Successful completion of this course will enable participants to:
- Describe the fundamentals of model-based process improvement.
- Illustrate the benefits of process improvement.
- Introduce CMMI model content.
The course contains the following topics:
- Model-based process improvement
- Overview of CMMI components
- Process areas of CMMI models
- Structure of the continuous and staged representations
- Next steps
- Reading homework is required the first and second evenings of the course.
- Successful completion of this course requires that participants actively participate in classroom discussions and exercises in all three days, not missing any classroom time.
Students completing this course will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of defining an organisation’s processes.
- Learn about the internal CMMI structure, the concepts and the terminology.
- Understand the possible use of CMMI for the software and/or the system (operations and support) departments.
- Be able to interpret the CMMI properly, essential for those who will be involved as Team Members or Lead Assessors in CMMI assessments.
An wen richtet sich die Weiterbildung?
- Product developers and process implementers
- Members of CMMI appraisal teams who require the official SEI authorized training
- The software and the system communities
- Managers involved in the development or maintenance of software
- Anyone interested in improving quality, productivity or competitiveness through a process approach