Gender, Diversity & unconscious bias - Why it matters
Durée en fonction des besoins du client
Gender is defined as the social and cultural characteristics that we associate with being a male and a female.
Understanding gendered realities through an in-depth consideration of "sex" and "gender" as cultural, social and legal phenomena impacting companies and how they interact with structures of power and violence using an interdisciplinary lens.
- Define unconscious bias and justify both why it’s critical and the consequences of not understanding it.
- Recognize cases that induce bias, such as "missing information"
- Describe common types of biases, such as gender or race
- Explore the specificities of Gender bias in the workplace and its consequences
- Identify biases within yourself
- List and understand different strategies for overcoming your biases
- Welcome and round table
- Agenda et goals
- Understanding Gender and unconscious bias within the workplace
- Listing, recognizing and categorizing unconscious bias
- Practicing self-analysis to identify bias within ourselves
- Understanding the meaning of "the male gaze" and its consequences
- Discovering different strategies for overcoming the biases
- Q&A and feedback
Practical exercises and theoretical contributions
A qui s'adresse la formation?
A certificate of attendance will be issued at the end of the training
All the elements covered by the Trainer during the course are based on
- Recent scientific and sociologic studies conducted for several years and among the largest universities
- A rich professional and human experience as a trainer, certified (MOOC)
- in "Gender" by the University of Hong Kong
- in "Science of Happiness" by the University of Berkeley (USA)