Foundations of Valuation for PE
3 sessions around the Valuations for PE.
The module consists of an introduction to the main concepts of valuation and standards of value, a review of the corporate life cycle of companies, a summary of the key pitfalls to consider when referring to the International PE / VC Valuation Guidelines and a dive to the rule-of-thumbs, to the economics & control rights and to the different valuation methods.
Session 1: Strategy, M&A and Value creation
- Main concepts of valuation & standards of value.
- Corporate life cycle of companies & its impact on the main decisions.
- Example of a M&A acquisition and the tools used to assess value creation.
Session 2: The IPEV guidelines - understand the pitfalls to maximize value when reporting to investors
- Key pitfalls to consider when referring to the International PE / VC Valuation Guidelines.
- Main concepts & required steps around the determination of the fair value.
Session 3: Complex Capital Structure
- Preferred stockholders economics & control rights.
- Valuation methods.
Online live sessions with Q&A
Certificate of completion and CPD points