First aid training
An accident can happen at any time and anyone can become a victim or witness. Too often, the sick or injured dies due to the lack of adequate first aid during the first few moments.
Everyone must realize their responsibility in the face of a human being in distress. This implies that every citizen should have basic notions in the field of first aid.
This cycle includes 16 hours of theoretical and practical lessons and ends with an evaluation by the first aid instructor in order to obtain the certificate of a first aid course.
The program offered by the Red Cross is that provided according to Luxembourg law
The various aspects of basic first aid actions are covered during this training, namely:
- accident and wounds (2 hours)
- burns and dressings (2 hours)
- bleeding and fractures (2 hours)
- unconsciousness and lateral safety positioning (2 hours)
- breathing and cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (2 hours)
- heart, early defibrillation, pediatric resuscitation (2 hours)
- removal of a biker helmet and lateral safety positioning (2 hours)
- recap (2 hours)
First aid diploma valid for 5 years.
Company courses are offered to companies wishing to train their own employees (maximum 12 people).
Group courses are offered to companies that only wish to train a small number of employees.
The frequency of the course can be adapted depending on working hours and staff availability.