Executive programme on Asset Management
House of Training, in cooperation with Vlerick Business School and ALFI (Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry), has initiated a new executive programme adapted to the specifics of Luxembourg’s banking industry.
This executive programme provides practical insights and a holistic view about the front end of professional asset management at large. The emphasis is on how asset management works in real life. The executive programme covers the following topics:
- Money management, managing funds and portfolios
- Measuring and evaluating investment performance and risk
- Asset allocation
- Types and needs of institutional customers
- The organisation of an asset management company
- The legal and regulatory framework of asset management
- Execution and front office
- New investments and trends in the asset management industry
The various models will allow to get a 360° view on how Asset Management works in practice.
Module 1 (Day 1 – 3):
- Introduction to Asset Management
- Investment philosophy & styles
- Compliance, standards, governance & regulation
- Risk & Performance Management
Module 2 (Day 4 – 6):
- Types of investors
- Pension Funds
- Private Banks
- Portfolio management
- Fixed Income
- Real Assets
- Balanced portfolio management
A qui s'adresse la formation?
- Professionals working in an asset management company e.g. fund and portfolio managers, compliance, legal and risk officers, fund sales and institutional mandate sales, managers, economists and product managers.
- Private bankers at the front office level, i.e. working with private clients and/or managing private portfolios
- Senior executives and non-executive board members of parent companies of asset management companies
- Family offices
- Investment consultants and consulting actuaries
An exam is organised at the end of the programme.
Participants having successfully passed the assignment receive a Certificate of Competence by Vlerick Business School.
Lecturers are professors of finance or professionals that work or have worked in the asset management industry in key positions. The programme will be under the supervision of Programme Director Prof Dr David Veredas (Professor of Finance at Vlerick Business School).
List of speakers:
- Prof Dr David Veredas – Professor in Finance – Vlerick Business School
- Prof Jan Longeval – Professor in Finance – Vlerick Business School
- Prof Dr Sophie Manigart – Professor in Entrepreneurial Finance – Vlerick Business School
- Jan De Bondt – Executive in Residence – Vlerick Business School
- Luc Neuberg – Chairman of the Board - Alrim
- Marc Wenda – Managing Partner – Fundpartner Solutions/Pictet Group
- François Petit – CSSF
- Aldo Romani – Deputy Head of Euro Funding, EIB
- Pieter Siebens – Conducting Officer, RS & MLRO – MUFG
- Vanessa Moens – Senior Manager Legal & Regulatory - EY
- Lazlo Belgrado – Chief Investment Strategist – KBC Asset Managment
The applicable fee for participants from non-partner institutions is €4.950. Fees include classes, teaching and learning materials, and catering (coffee breaks and lunches).
We offer two partnership formulas for organisations who’d like to integrate this programme into their own development tracks and guarantee sending a number of participants for at least 3 consecutive years:
- Min 3 participants per year
- 3 years commitment
- €3.600 per participant
- Min 1 participant per year
- 3 years commitment
- €4.500 per participant
To be registered to the programme, please contact Vlerick Business School