Effective writing skills
Effective writing skills save time, money and support clear communication. This seminar is targeted at professionals who need to regularly write reports, documents, documentation and emails. Hands-on practice and feedback will help you write clearly, confidently and with your reader in mind. And you’ll leave with strategies, structures and practical tips so your message makes the impact you need to get results!
- Learn to clarify your purpose.
- Identify your audience’s needs and approaches.
- Structure your presentation with different models.
- Understand how and why to include potential questions from the audience.
- Develop tools to build rapport with your audience.
- Build skills to edit your own writing
- Transfer intention into action and implement new skills on the job.
- Knowing why you are writing
- Putting yourself in your reader’s shoes
- Planning upfront, saving time later
- Using simple structural tools to save time (ACT, RAP, SCRAP, PRISM)
- Controlling writing through content, structure, and language
- Using appropriate grammar and vocabulary
- Building a language toolbox for day-to-day tasks
- Using effective chunking and formatting
- Selecting and applying the appropriate register
- Dealing with difficult people and situations
- Communicating bad news in writing
- Revising and editing with the effective writing pyramid
- Identifying your personal weaknesses and how to improve them
A qui s'adresse la formation?
A attestation will be delivred after session