Digital Doctorate in Business Administration
5 reasons to do a Digital Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA):
- The Digital DBA has been designed to be flexible so doctoral students can start at any time and build the program into their schedules.
- All resources are made accessible online (videos, articles, books, data analysis software, forums), allowing doctoral students to work remotely and at their own pace.
- Each doctoral student has access to direct exchange with her/his doctoral supervisor.
- The digital Doctorate in Business Administration is delivered by SKEMA Business School (AACSB and EQUIS accredited) and the Business Science Institute (certified by the Ministry of Education in Luxembourg), as well as IAE LYON, University Jean Moulin (public French university).
- The resulting theses can be published in one of the book collections supervised by SKEMA Business School or The Business Science Institute.
The Digital DBA Program
The Digital DBA program is organized over a period of three years (36 months).
The first year of the Digital DBA is dedicated to acquiring foundational knowledge and skills in how to conduct research and also to defining and further developing the thesis subject.
The second year of the Digital DBA is dedicated to data collection and writing the thesis under the supervision of one of the professors of the Scientific Council.
The third year of the Digital DBA is dedicated to completing the thesis and defending it in front of an international jury of university professors.
Each year, an International Week is organized in Luxembourg (Wiltz) or Paris, with a thesis research symposia for those in their first year, additional thesis seminars, workshops as well as thesis defenses.
Each doctoral student will have an access to:
- Online resources (videos, courses, books, articles)
- A list of further readings
- Multiple choice questions
- An online platform on which Digital DBA students and professors can exchange
- Regular meetings through video chat (Skype, Facetime...) will be planned in order to give the opportunity to students to exchange with their professors
MBA or Masters degree; 5 years managerial experience or significant professional experience; high degree of motivation and commitment to learning; proposed research project that is feasible and has demonstrable value in terms of managerial impact; for programs in English, a high level of English (ideally C1/C2) is necessary; for the French-language tracks, students will be required to have at least B2 level English-language communication skills to be able to deal comfortably with the required reading.
Doctoral students will receive an evaluation at the end of each course and written feedback about the progress of their research at the end of their first year, when they present their initial findings to a panel of judges from the Scientific Council
Certificate of Research in Business Administration from the University of Technology Sydney, Doctorate in Business Administration from IAE LYON (Jean Moulin University), Doctorate in Business Administration from SKEMA Business School
The application and selection process is as follows:
Contact one of the Executive DBA's scientific advisors and provide them with your CV. A remote interview will then take place. This initial contact will yield either a positive or negative opinion. Keep in mind that this opinion is not a final admission decision, but simply a recommendation. It is meant to discourage applications that are unlikely to be accepted.
At the beginning of your CV, please indicate clearly:
- your current profession moment (name of your firm, position, country)
- total years of managerial experience
- the last and highest diploma you obtained
If the opinion given is positive, you will then be given instructions on how to complete your application.
After your application is received, the following steps will be taken:
Two weeks after the reception of the application, a formal remote interview will be conducted with a professor.
Three weeks after the reception of the application, our international scientific committee will review your application.
Three weeks after the reception of the application, you will receive our final decision.
The online application includes the following documents:
- Completed application form
- A detailed CV
- A digital photograph
- Highest diploma or certificate received (only one)
- A copy of your passport
- Transcripts from your MBA or MA
- Proposed (not final) subject for your Executive DBA (between 3 and 5 pages)
- A letter of motivation
- Proof of employment (i.e. certificate issued by your employer)
- A letter of recommendation
- IAE application form, including photo and signature
- Proof of payment of 100 € application fee
- the application fee is due per session. Should you defer your entry to the program to another session (start date), you will be asked to pay the admissions fee again
- each session will start at the beginning of each trimester: January 2nd / April 1st / July 1st / October 1st
Your application must be COMPLETE to be considered. Check that each document filename has the following format:your-name_n°_name-of-document.
If your files are too heavy to be sent by email, you may use an external platform (such as WeTransfer, Google Drive, Dropbox) and include the link to download the files.
The cost of the program amounts to 25.000 €:
- 15.000 € to be paid during initial enrolment,
- 10.000 € to be paid at the beginning of the second year.