Blockchain and technical standardization
The training’s aim is twofold: to provide basic knowledge of Blockchains and Distributed Ledgers such as how they work, design choices, consensus mechanisms and the role of smart contracts, and to introduce the existing technical standardization work on the topic. You will gain insight on the overall technological landscape, emerging trends and the relationship between Blockchains and other Smart ICT. You will also learn which major standardization bodies are active in this area, which relevant topics they are handling and how Luxembourg contributes.
LEARNING OUTCOMES AND OBJECTIVES
- Describe the fundamentals and gain an overview of the state-of-the-art related to Blockchain and Distributed Ledger technology
- Be familiar with driving Blockchain and Distributed Ledger technologies in different trust setups (for instance public networks, permissioned networks)
- Review of Blockchain challenges
- Be aware of the impact that the Blockchain could have on businesses, industries and society
- Identify relevant developments in technical standardization and their relation to identified challenges
1. Blockchain fundamentals
- How Blockchain works
- Permissioned, permissionless, public and private Blockchains
- Consensus and mining
- Smart contracts
2. Overview of Blockchain platforms
- High-level survey
- Ethereum, IOTA and Ripple
- Development trends
- Relation with Smart ICT
3. Case studies
4. Blockchain and technical standardization
- ISO/TC 307 - Blockchain and distributed ledger technologies
- CEN/CENELEC and ITU-T initiatives
- Analysis of other relevant standards
- National standardization efforts: how to become a national delegate
- Interaction and collaboration
- Theoretical and practical aspects
A qui s'adresse la formation?
The targeted audiences for these trainings are learners with similar backgrounds as beginners to mid-level IT knowledge. They can be non-IT professionals with a basic IT knowledge.
It is recommended to have basic knowledge in the field of ICT.
A certificate of participation issued by ILNAS, recognized training organization, will be provided at the end of the course.
- The course can be delivered on demand.
- The course may be provided at our offices or within your organization.