Become an AIFMD Risk Manager - Focus on Real Estate
At the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Master the impacts of AIFMD in terms of Risk Management (Governance, Risk Management Procedures, Disclosure...);
- Define a Risk Profile using adequate approaches;
- Define an adequate Risk appetite and the related monitoring techniques;
- Apply Risk Management principles throughout the investment process (mainly for non-traded assets);
- Select and implement the different techniques and metrics required to monitor the five key risk aspects that need to be covered within AIFMD:
- Market risk
- Counterparty risk
- Credit risk
- Operational risk
- Liquidity risk
- Understand in detail the valuation principles (mainly for investments in non-traded assets) given the relevant of valuation in the Risk assessment and monitoring.
- Risk Management under AIFMD (including "real life" examples)
- Risk profiling: specificities of Hedge / Private equity / Real estate environments
- Market Risk: analysis of the different techniques/metrics and their adequacy depending on the AIF’s strategy
- Leverage: methods used to generate and measure leverage
- Liquidity risk: how to manage it from both an asset and liability perspective?
- Counterparty risk: how to properly manage it and implication of future regulatory changes (EMIR)?
- Credit risk: measurement techniques
- Operational risk: to what extend operational risk could be material to the AIF and its investors and what are the existing techniques to monitor it?
- Risk dashboard: risk measures are only efficient when they are clearly reported. How to properly structure Risk dashboards?
- Valuation: interaction between valuation principles and risk assessment are multiple, how to properly leverage on it?
- Disclosure requirements: the level 2 guidelines have confirmed a detailed set of reporting requirements. What does it imply from a Risk Management standpoint?
The sessions will include both presentation and workshops giving the opportunity to participants to put the recommendations into practice and share experience/views with others.
A qui s'adresse la formation?
- Current and future Risk Managers
- ManCo/AIFM Conducting officers/Directors in charge of Risk Management
- ManCo/AIFM Board members
An attendance certificate will be sent to participants.
Le contenu de ce descriptif de formation est de la seule responsabilité de son auteur, l'organisme de formation PwC's Academy.