- The job of accompanying the elderly has appeared, to meet the needs of the elderly.
- With the aging of the population, this profession is gaining visibility and becoming a work opportunity in the senior sector.
- During the course for guides, you will learn the techniques necessary to work in the sector, as well as the psychological preparation to deal with unfavorable situations.
- It is a useful course for those who are interested in acting professionally as carers of the elderly, as well as for friends and family who wish to help and provide the necessary support to the elderly in their family circle.
The main subjects of the course for carers of the elderly are:
Unit 1 - The social context of elderly people in Luxembourg
- The barriers of old age
- Status of the elderly
- What public policies have been developed?
- Main obstacles to the health of the elderly
Unit 2 - The profession of accompaniment of the elderly
- Socio-historical context of the profession
- Labor rights
- Work routines for carers of the elderly
- Market outlook
- Responsibilities of the accompanist of the elderly
Unit 3 - Practice of the profession
- Know the needs and limits of an elderly person
- General care
- Special care
- How should communication be with the elderly and their families?
- Follow-up form
- Social support network and useful phones
Unit 4 - Rehabilitation process for the elderly
- Physical stimulation
- Caring for the disabled (bedridden and wheelchair users)
- Help the person to walk
- Nursing homes and day centers
Who is the course aimed at?
- Toutes les personnes qui recherchent un travail dans le secteur
- Personnes inscrites à l'ADEM ou Revis
- Personnes en contact avec des personnes âgées
OHC ASBL Certificado
Responsibility for the content of this training description lies solely with its author, the training provider Office House Capellen.