Administration of Private Equity Funds - Regulatory and Tax Aspects of Private Equity Funds
Private Equity and venture capital investment vehicles are becoming increasingly popular in the Luxembourg marketplace.
Although this asset class was already represented in Luxembourg with several vehicles in the form of UCI or non regulated vehicles, the recent trends have highlighted to local administrators and custodians that Private Equity and venture capital are an asset class with totally different features and sources of risk requiring specific skills and specific operational processes.
In this context, PwC's Academy is pleased to offer this dedicated training workshop designed to provide Luxembourg professionals with a comprehensive overview of the latest industry trends, as well as a thorough analysis of sector-specific issues and best practices.
By the end of this training, the participants will be able to:
- Identify the nature and purpose of the Private Equity industry
- Identify valuations methodology and related accounting impact
- Describe the requirements in terms of disclosure in the financial statements for the different Luxembourg structures
1. Section I - Regulatory aspects
- Review of Private Equity structures available in Luxembourg
- Non-regulated vehicles
- Responsibilities of the service providers (including AIFMD requirements)
- Regulatory documentation in a Private Equity Fund
2. Section II - Tax issues
- Why taking into account tax issues and making tax structuring?
- Why is Luxembourg’s tax system interesting for Private Equity investments?
- General overview of Luxembourg tax system
- What is important when implementing tax-effective structures?
- Repatriation mechanisms for Private Equity investments
- Sample of sophisticated Luxembourg structure: the SICAR/SIF
A qui s'adresse la formation?
- General Partner and employees of General Partner
- Head of administration, accounting & finance department and their teams
- Sales and customer relationship managers
- Custodian officers
- Compliance officers and internal auditors dealing with Private Equity and Venture Capital vehicles
- Professionals of the Financial Sector involved in the management and/or administration of Private Equity and Venture Capital vehicles
An attendance certificate will be sent to participants.