Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing for UCITS/AIFs
In light of the growing threat of terrorism, Counter-Terrorism Financing is becoming top priority for governments across the globe. Terrorist financing methods vary according to the needs and goals of terrorist organisations. Terrorist organisations source their funds from both legal and illegal activities, using a large variety and evolving methods which make their detection and prevention all the more difficult for financial institutions and regulators.
As a result, the AML/CTF programs of financial institutions, regulations, are imperative to achieving and sustaining governmental strategies to combat terrorism. Besides regulation is in constant evolution both locally and internationally and increasingly demanding therefore parties involved shall continuously keep updated their CTF procedures.
As part of this course, PwC's Academy offers to highlight your requirements regarding this topic and to address in a comprehensive and practical way the questions you and your team are confronted with in the light of your professional duties and the progressive evolution of Counter-Terrorism Financing.
By the end of this training, the participants will be able to:
- Identify impacts of terrorist financing in their organization.
- Define their personal input inside their organisation to combat against terrorist financing.
- Target the gaps in counter terrorism financing in your organisation.
- Set up a risk based approach relying on the different type of terrorist financing.
- Extend the approach with an in-depth look to Luxembourg.
- Explain the relevant methods in preventing terrorist financing.
- What is terrorism and terrorist Financing? Defining and understanding terrorism financing.
- How do terrorist organisations generate revenues? Learning through real cases all the different typologies of terrorist financing.
- How do Terrorist organisations move funds? Highlights the main transferring money methods of terrorist organisations.
- How can we fight Terrorist Financing from a regulatory point of view? Addressing tools and methodologies for preventing terrorist financing.
A qui s'adresse la formation?
- Members of the board and the executive board of a bank, a professional of the financial sector, an insurance company or a management company of a Luxembourg UCI
- Internal auditors, Compliance Officers or Risk Managers
- Distributors or transfer agents of a Luxembourg UCI
- Domiciliary agents
- Persons in charge, or front office team members of a professional of the financial sector
- New joiners of financial institutions and non
- Person interested for developing specific knowledge
An attendance certificate will be sent to participants.