Information, advice and guidance (IAG)
Range of activities designed to help individuals take educational, vocational or personal decisions and carry them out before and after they enter the labour market.
- Guidance and counselling may include:
- counselling (personal or career development, educational guidance);
- assessment (psychological or competence-/performance-related);
- information on learning and labour market opportunities and career management;
- consultation with peers, relatives or educators;
- vocational preparation (pinpointing skills/competences and experience for job-seeking);
- referrals (to learning and career specialists).
Source: Cedefop (2014) "Terminology of European education and training policy: A selection of 130 key terms"
- Guidance and counselling can be provided at schools, training centres, job centres, the workplace, the community or in other settings.