Training of trainers
Theoretical or practical training for teachers and trainers.
Comments: training of trainers:
- is for teaching/training personnel, either practising:
- as professional teachers or trainers;
- as professionals in a given field who accompany trainees in their work environment (occasional teachers or trainers);
- covers a wide range of skills: knowledge specific to the field in question (general, technical or scientific); educational, psychological and sociological skills; management skills; familiarity with the world of work; and knowledge of training schemes and target audience;
- also covers training related to course design, organisation and implementation as well as the content of training activities (imparting knowledge, know-how and skills).
Source: Cedefop (2014) "Terminology of European education and training policy: A selection of 130 key terms"