Subsidies for learning Luxembourgish
Private-sector companies that are legally based in the Grand Duchy may recoup some of the costs linked to learning Luxembourgish. This aid is not available to the self-employed.
The eligible expenses are:
- trainer costs
- costs for teaching materials
To receive the subsidies for learning Luxembourgish, businesses must make use of the services of an approved training body.
The amount of the grant cannot be determined in advance since it is calculated according to the number of businesses applying and the total amount of their expenditure.
The company must:
- download and complete the application form and attach the required documents (copies of paid original invoices, attestation that the project does not already have alternative public co-funding, attendance sheets signed by the beneficiaries and the training body);
- send the duly completed form with the required documents before the end of the calendar year, by e-mail or by post, to the Ministry of Labour, Employment and the Social and Solidarity Economy.
- The company receives an acknowledgement of receipt which lists any missing documents.
- The application form comprises:
- the applicant's contact details,
- a description of the project,
- a detailed breakdown of the costs.