LITA Lean IT Foundation e-Learning
Upon completion of the training and examination related to this qualification, a successful candidate will be familiar with the principles of the Lean philosophy and in particular with the application of this philosophy within an ITenvironment.
- The principles underlying the Lean philosophy
- The importance of understanding and delivering customer value
- The way Lean looks at processes and the waste within them
- How to measure performance and the key determinants of performance
- What the organizational requirements are when implementing Lean, including the use of visual management tools
- Which behaviour and attitude is necessary for Lean to be successful within an IT organization
- The DMAIC problem solving model
- How these Lean principles can be applied within an IT organization
Lean IT Foundation helps IT organizations to ensure that they provide their customers with the best possible services. Through understanding customer value, the processes that deliver this value, the way to manage performance, the way to organize and the required attitude and behavior, IT organizations are helped to develop a continuous improvement mindset. Lean IT is complementary to all other best practice methods (such as ITIL®, PRINCE2® and P3O®).
This course covers the Foundation level certification of the Lean IT Association. Further Lean IT qualifications are Lean IT Kaizen Lead, Lean IT Coach and Lean IT Leadership. The Lean IT Foundation is the entry level certification. This certification is mandatory for the other certifications.
The primary purpose of the course is to provide a basis for accreditation of people involved with Lean IT Foundation. It documents the learning outcomes of the Lean IT Foundation and describes the requirements a candidate is expected to meet to demonstrate that these learning outcomes have been achieved.
- Module 1: Introduction of Lean
- Module 2: The Customer
- Module 3: The Process
- Module 4: Performance
- Module 5: Organization
- Module 6: Kaizen
- Module 7: Behaviour and Attitude
- Module 8: Exam
A qui s'adresse la formation?
- Any manager or specialist working in an IT organization can benefit from the insights provided by the qualification.
- IT professionals who are participating in or involved with lean projects.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
Remote at any location with a Webcam
Format: Closed-book format, participants can bring scratch paper
Duration: 60 minutes, 15 minutes additional time for non-native candidates
40 Multiple Choice Questions
Pass Grade: 65% (26/40)
LITA (Lean IT Association) Lean IT Foundation Certificate. The LITA Lean IT Foundation exams are delivered by PeopleCert
The publications below provide additional guidance, but is not required for the course:
Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook (chapters 14, 9)
Author: Michael L. George
ISBN number 0071441190
Publisher: McGraw Hill
For insights into how Lean can be applied within the IT environment:
Lean IT, Enabling and sustaining Your Lean Transformation
Authors: Steven C. Bell and Michael A. Orzen
ISBN number 9781439817568
Publisher: Productivity Press Hardback edition published in 2011
For background on the origins of Lean:
The Toyota Way
Author: Jeffrey K. Liker
Publisher: McGraw Hill
For more detail on the behavioral aspects of Lean:
Creating a Lean Culture
Author: David Mann
Publisher: CRC Press
For more information regarding the application of Lean to Services organizations:
The Lean Toolbox for Service Systems
Author: John Bicheno
Publisher: PICSIE Books