This course is a 4-day immersion into IPv6 Fundamentals. In order to enhance the course, a Dual-Stack lab environment based on IPv4/IPv6 native addresses is used. Dual-Stack allows students to get real IPv4 or IPv6 internet access. Configuration is done on Cisco IOS based Layer 2, Layer 3 devices, and on Windows and LINUX hosts.
It is an advantage to have knowledge of the operating system IOS, but not necessarily a requirement. This course provides theoretical and technical training to help participants with the Knowledge of how to design, implement, configure, and maintain an IPv6 network.
- IP History and Overview
- IPv6 Header and Extension Header Format
- IPv6 Address Architecture
- IPv6 Supported Platforms
- IPv6 ICMPv6
- IPv6 Applications
- IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Protocol
- IPv6 Migrations Methods
- IPv6 Transition and Address Design
- IPv6 Network Protection
- IPv6 Traffic Filtering
- IPv6 FHRP Protocols
- IPv6 Routing Protocols
A qui s'adresse la formation?
Administrators, manager, engineers, network-architects and network-designer.
- Network fundamentals background
- Knowledge of Host Operating Systems
- Hands-on experience in building, managing and/or troubleshooting IPv4 networks