Being Strategic : plan for success
- Understand the idea of strategy;
- Learn a practical approach to thinking and acting strategically;
- Learn the tools and follow the steps to clarify the future they want to create and plan how to achieve it.
Do you know what your vision for your future is? Does everyone on your team share a vision for the future? The Being Strategic framework helps you - individually or with a team or company - chart a clear course for the future and work to get there, combining the nuts-and-bolts practicality of strategic thinking with the aspiration and freshness of visioning.
Being strategic means consistently making the core directional choices that will best move you towards your hoped-for future.* In this workshop, you’ll learn a model and a set of skills that will allow you to do just that - in any part of your life. You’ll learn how to better frame challenges and problems, and envision a future where the problem has been solved. You’ll learn to identify the obstacles to your envisioned future - and build a path for achieving that vision. Learning and using this framework will demystify the idea of strategy: you’ll have a practical approach to thinking and acting strategically, so you can clarify the future you want to create and plan how to achieve it.
The Being Strategic* framework involves these 5 steps:
- 1.Defining the CHALLENGE: Before you begin to look to the future, it’s essential to know what you’re solving for, so everyone agrees on the core challenge.
- 2.What Is: CURRENT REALITY: Before creating a vision, you have to know where you are now. Here, the individual or the team identifies their current situation.
- 3.What’s the Hope: VISION: The individual or the members of a team create a shared vision for the future for themselves or for the team or organization— one to which they are all committed.
- 4.What’s in the Way: OBSTACLES: Here, the individual or team looks at what they’ll need to overcome in order to reach their hoped-for future.
- 5.What’s the Path: STRATEGY AND TACTICS: This step builds a practical path—first directionally then specifically—from the present to the envisioned future.
Expert: Vanessa Defournier, Leadership Coach (Inner Latitude)
Participants are hereby informed that they are likely to appear on photographs taken at the event. These are intended to be published in print and/or digital media published by Maison Moderne.