Exploring the Social, Political and Business Environment of Luxembourg
Particular emphasis will be put on critically assessing the results, i.e. the outcomes and impact of the national policy-making process. Where possible, considerations as to how the current institutional settings affect policy outcomes will be made.
- History of the Luxembourg economy with a focus on foreigners’ contribution to its development
- A brief history of the Luxembourg economy
- Institutions nowadays: accountability
- Foreigners in the country: voice
- Sectoral presentation of the Luxembourg economy: where are we heading?
- Brief presentation of the Luxembourg economy’s main sectors with a special focus on the financial sector
- Luxembourg policy-makers’ efforts to diversify the economy, notably towards the ICT, logistics and the life sciences sectors
- The way ahead: space technologies and the 3rd Industrial Revolution initiative
- The Luxembourg education system and the labour market
- Presentation of the Luxembourg education system: curriculum content, institutional features and performance
- Key characteristics of the Luxembourg Labour market
- The Future of Work in Luxembourg
- The national budgetary system and fiscal policy
- Presentation of the evolution of the state of public finances in the past decade
- The Luxembourg budgetary process
- Long term sustainability of the Luxembourg social security system
A qui s'adresse la formation?
Residents and professionals with English as a first or second language who are interested in better understanding Luxembourg’s economy and the national news (Professionals, Entrepreneurs, Foreign residents, Any individual willing to discover Luxembourg’s economy, its mechanisms and the key challenges ahead).
No exam is available for this training course.
At the end of the training, the participants will receive a certificate of participation delivered by the House of Training.
Le contenu de ce descriptif de formation est de la seule responsabilité de son auteur, l'organisme de formation House of Training.