Europass is a unique reference tool which:
- Documents qualifications and skills obtained regardless of when and where they were obtained;
- Helps with job searching by facilitating communication between the jobseeker and the employer;
- Facilitates mobility of those undertaking training and of employees;
- Brings transparency to the transferability and recognition of qualifications at a European level.
Europass comprises five documents:
- Europass-CV: Provides citizens with the option of presenting information on all
of their qualifications and skills within a single template;
- Europass-Mobility: Records periods of learning undertaken by the holder in a country other than their country of origin;
- Europass-Diploma Supplement: Provides information on the level of education that the holder has reached in higher education;
- Europass-Language Portfolio: Provides citizens with the ability to present their linguistic skills;
- Europass-Certificate Supplement: Describes skills and qualifications corresponding
to a vocational training certificate.
Decision No. 2241/2004/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council