Initiation to and guidance for green jobs
For the past 30 years CO-LABOR has been developing activities in the horticultural, forestry and environmental sector.
All of these activities provide an economic framework and as such create a platform for vocational training which matches the demands of the labour market. CO-LABOR's main objective is professional (re)integration through guidance, qualification and integration into the labour market.
The guiding principle of our actions is to support people receiving assistance, in line with their capabilities, in gaining the most independent and professional way of life possible. Our activities enable professional integration through work in real situations.
In partnership with the Adem and the country's various social services, job seekers are recruited as part of a professional integration measure. They are then assigned to different CO-LABOR integration workshops.
- Induction, consultation and guidance
- The 'Initiation to Work' platform
- Evaluation, development of career plan, professional abilities audit
- Transitional system to move towards the labour market (professional (re)integration activities)
- Biographical reflection and active job search (recherche active d’emploi)
- Social supervision
- Monitoring of alumni in the workplace
CO-LABOR S.c. 105, route d’Arlon
+352 44 78 83
Your career partner!Competence A.s.b.l. is an association whose aim is to help individuals and organisations to develop their skills.
Initially, Competence A.s.b.l. is concentrating above all on the development of job-seekers’ skills. The association provides specific support to two types of job-seekers who are currently experiencing difficulties in finding a job, namely:
Competence A.s.b.l. offers the following services aimed essentially at those two types of job-seekers (45+ and -25):
- under 25-year-olds and
- people over 45 years of age
All the services and events proposed may be provided in French, Luxembourgish, German and English.
- Skills assessments,
- Guidance assessments,
- Boot camps,
Competence A.s.b.l.8, rue Notre Dame
The Centre for Social and Professional Guidance (Centre d’Orientation Socio-Professionnelle - COSP) is a place in which job seekers can receive social and technical training as well as social and professional monitoring.
The purpose of COSP is to:
Job seekers complete a 2-month training placement with the Centre for Guidance, but remain under the authority of the Agency for the Development of Employment (Agence pour le Développement de l’Emploi – Adem). Guidance towards various social initiatives is carried out by the Adem.
- Provide stability to job seekers and recognise their value,
- Develop social, behavioural and technical skills,
- Define a social and professional plan,
- Prepare job seekers for working culture,
- Prepare a skills audit for the job seeker to guide them towards the primary job market, a social initiative or any other suitable system with a view to facilitating their professional integration.
Centre d’Orientation Socio-Professionnelle - COSP30, rue de Diekirch
+352 26 32 42 201
Non-profit organisation the Forum for Employment (Forum pour l'Emploi) has the following objectives:
- The supervising, initiation and support of initiatives to combat unemployment by promoting the integration of job seekers into the world of work
- Improving the employability of each job seeker through work experience, vocational and social training
Non-profit organisation Forum for Employment (Forum pour l'Emploi) develops back-to-work schemes for the people in question. Back-to-work schemes are an opportunity for these unemployed people to gain training, both on the job (learning by doing) and alongside it. The sectors covered by the schemes are wide-ranging, and include environment planning, local services and construction.
- Working with partners in the employment sector, developing uptake of back-to-work schemes that incite job seekers to return to work, mainly in the primary labour market
The purpose of back-to-work schemes is to free the unemployed person from his/her isolation, to encourage him/her to re-engage with working life and to help him/her to join the world of work.
The following services are offered:
- Am Gaertchen: The production and sale of vegetables, potted herbs and high-quality plants in accordance with bio-Label standards. Our organic products are sold online at www.fpe-online.lu
- Bummelbus: Collects people on request and drives them in comfort and flexibility to the address of their choice.
- Holzfrënn: Interior, exterior and furniture joinery work.
- Klammschoul: Well-known for acro-mobile, acroparc and the completion of work at height. (www.klammschoul.lu)
- Service to the public: Completion of all types of small jobs inside and outside the house.
- Haushëllef: Laundry, cleaning, washing, ironing, home collection and delivery of clothes - One-off home cleaning
Forum pour l'Emploi20, route d'Ettelbrück
+352 80 48 85-1
The Initiativ Rëm Schaffen is a non-profit organisation offering practical help to anyone looking for a job. The Initiativ Rëm Schaffen regularly offers training for job seekers registered with the Agency for the Development of Employment (Agence pour le Développement de l’Emploi – Adem).
The Initiativ Rëm Schaffen guides and informs those searching for a job, and helps job seekers to set realistic professional objectives. It also offers assistance with writing CVs and cover letters, provides information on openings in the labour market, and helps people to regain confidence in themselves and identify their abilities. Individual and tailored consultations are provided free-of-charge.
The Initiativ Rëm Schaffen is supported by the Ministry of Equal Opportunities (Ministère de l'Égalité des Chances), the Ministry of Work, Employment and Social and Solidarity Economy (Ministère du Travail, de l'Emploi et de l'Economie sociale et solidaire), the City of Luxembourg, the City of Esch-sur-Alzette, the City of Ettelbrück and the European Social Fund.
Initiativ Rëm Schaffen Esch/Alzette
41, rue de Luxembourg
+352 53 23 78
110, avenue Gaston Diderich
+352 25 02 49
40, avenue Salentiny
+352 81 11 71
Return to work for women
The Centre for training and professional integration for women (Centre de formation et d'insertion professionnelle pour femmes - NAXI) is aimed at adult female job seekers who are registered with the Agency for the Development of Employment (Agence pour le Développement de l’Emploi – Adem).
The purpose of our training is to optimise the occupational profile and to improve the chances of recruitment of the target group. The project's main objective is the direct and sustainable professional (re)integration for women in the regular labour market.
Training offered :
NAXI is aimed at all women who are looking for a job who have interrupted their professional career (for private or family reasons) and/or who do not have a specific career plan.
- Personal support: in French and Luxembourgish (This training course is approved for pre-qualification for training on social and family assistance roles by the Ministry Family Affairs, Integration and the Greater Region - Ministère de la Famille, de l'Intégration et à la Grande Région)
- Career plan (Guidance training)
- Restart (looking for a part-time job for health or other reasons)
- Washing and ironing workshop (Activity and training for a return to work)
NAXI - Centre de formation et d'insertion professionnelle pour femmes49 A, rue du Baerendall
+352 40 71 51 - 1
Reintegration and trainingProActif A.s.b.l.'s social objectives are:
ProActif's actions and projects aim to create an environment that promotes employment, in order to help job seekers as much as possible to (re)integrate into the labour market, the association works closely with partners who are involved in employment and training.
- Social reintegration,
- Professional reintegration and
- Continuing training.
ProActif provides professional supervision by advisors on social and professional reintegration, helping the job seeker to overcome any potential obstacles that up to then have prevented him/her from finding a new job.
Back-to-work schemes provide an opportunity to learn by doing and also to attend certified vocational training, improving the chances of finding a job on the labour market.
ProActif A.s.b.l. works in the following sectors:
- Am gaertchen-sud: Organic market gardening,
- Construction: Masonry work, tiling, upholstery and painting on the interior and exterior of the house,
- Nurseries and child care centers (Maison Relais): Social and educational supervision of children,
- Cookery: Preparing meals for nurseries and transition houses, as well as buffets for celebrations,
- Joinery: Woodwork, repairs, refurbishment and new wooden constructions,
- Services to the public: small multipurpose jobs involving gardening and cleaning in and around the house.
ProActif A.s.b.l.5, rue de Läiteschbaach
+352 27 33 44 1
Training and advice
Zarabina offers group training as well as individual advice to women and men seeking guidance in the areas of professional life, continuing training and career.
Since 1995, Zarabina has led the way in training and advice directed towards transferable skills. The non-profit organisation's approach to the labour market is based on tailored strategies that systematically and effectively take into account the constraints of reality and the personal objectives of its female and male clients.
Zarabina's key skills lie in the following areas:
- Services for the the active construction of a career and lifelong learning.
Training on the role of 'IT assistant specialising in sales/accounting' aimed at female job seekers with some secretarial experience.
- Initiatives pertaining to the recognition of professional and non-professional skills.
- Forward-thinking projects in the areas of continuing training, work and career.
Zarabina A.s.b.l.27, rue Emile Mayrisch
+352 26 55 12 13 1
17, rue Glesener
+352 26 55 12 13 60