Employment support contract (CAE)
The employment support contract enables both qualified or unqualified young people under 30 years of age to receive practical and theoretical training if they have been registered with the Agency for the Development of Employment (Agence pour le développement de l’emploi – Adem) for at least 3 months.
The purpose of the employment support contract is to provide young job seekers with an initiation and/or practical and theoretical training in order to increase their skills and facilitate their integration or even reintegration into the labour market.
The employment support contract is only for sponsors (employers) who do not have the legal status of a commercial company, i.e. the State, municipalities, public interest establishments, or non-profit institutions, associations or groupings of people.
The employment support contract is entered into by the young person and the Adem for a 12-month period (with a maximum extension of 6 months on recommendation of the Adem). It is based on a 40 hour working week.
- The sponsor appoints a tutor to assist and supervise the young job seeker for the duration of the contract.
- The sponsor and tutor must draw up a training plan with the young person within one month.
- The Adem and the sponsor perform evaluations of the beneficiary of the employment support contract 6 months after the beginning of the contract, and 8 weeks before it ends.
At the end of the contract, the sponsor draws up a certificate for the end of the scheme, the components of which are set out by the Adem.
Compensation of the young person
Compensations are calculated on the basis of the minimum wage (salaire social minimum - SSM) for unqualified workers, and are subject to the social security and tax costs applied to salaries.
- 80% of the minimum wage for unqualified workers is paid to under 18 year olds,
- 100% of the minimum wage for unqualified workers is paid to unqualified young people or those who hold:
- A Technical and Vocational Training Certificate (Certificat d'Aptitude Technique et Professionnelle - CATP),
- A Technician's Diploma, Technical Secondary school leaving diploma or Secondary school leaving diploma (Diplôme de technicien, diplôme de fin d'études secondaires techniques ou secondaires),
- 130% of the minimum wage for unqualified workers is paid to young people who hold:
- A Higher technician certificate (Brevet de technicien supérieur),
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree.
Financial Terms and Conditions
For the first 12 months, the Employment Fund (Fonds pour l’emploi) pays the following on a monthly basis to non-State sponsors:
- 75% of the salary compensation received by the young job seeker,
- 100% of the employer's costs.
If the contract is extended, the Employment Fund (Fonds pour l’emploi) will reimburse 50% of the compensation received by the young job seeker on a monthly basis for the duration of the extension.
At the request of a sponsor who has recruited the young person in question (on a permanent contract with no trial period), the Employment Fund (Fonds pour l’emploi) will reimburse the employer's costs for 12 months from the start date.