Subsidies for Luxemburgish courses
Private sector companies that are legally based in Luxembourg can recoup some of the costs linked to Luxemburgish language learning
The following costs qualify for the 'subsidies for Luxemburgish classes' support scheme:
- Trainer costs
- Costs for training materials
The amount of the subsidy is calculated according to the number of companies applying and the total amount of the costs.
Maxime, a Company Manager, organises Luxemburgish courses for his employees
Company Manager, Maxime, has recently recruited 5 new cross-border employees
As the working language within his company is Luxemburgish, the new recruits are invited to learn it as soon as possible. He submits a subsidy request for Luxemburgish language learning to the Ministry of Work, Employment and Social and Solidarity Economy (Ministère du Travail et de l’Emploi - MTE). The Ministry pays a proportion of the training provider's invoice.
Maxime groups the other training courses together (adaptation training for a position, computer science, security etc.) in a co-funding request that he submits to the national Institute for the development of continuing vocational training (Institut National pour le Développement de la Formation Professionnelle Continue - INFPC). For this request, he can receive co-funding of 20% (taxable) on all of the costs.
The company must:
- Download and complete the application form, and attach the required documents (original paid invoices, certificate showing that the project does not already have alternative public co-funding, attendance lists signed by the eligible parties and the training body).
- Return the duly completed form and the requested documents to the Ministry of Work, Employment and Social and Solidarity Economy (Ministère du Travail et de l’Emploi - MTE) before the end of the calendar year.
- The company receives a delivery receipt which, where necessary, details any missing documents.
- The application form comprises:
- The applicant's contact details
- A description of the project,
- A detailed breakdown of the costs.